"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer.

Summer 2012 is turning out to be very different than I had originally planned.
I was thinking of the late nights under the stars, spontaneous road trips, early morning hikes and snoasis.

but that was last summer.

This summer is practice, work, training, practice, bed. You'd think I'd be mad- like my summer is being ripped from my hands. But I'm actually okay with it.

Why?

I want this. I want to see myself improve in the water. More than anything else. I've always wanted that, but with the things that have happened recently.. I'm just more motivated than I ever have been. Not to prove it to anyone, but to prove it to myself. A wise man once told me "Imagine what you could do if you put everything you had into this. If you didn't hold back- if you just fell in. Fell in and never looked back."

So I'm falling in. Head first. Into a pool. Every day. Twice a day.

To make something of the past 11 years. To make something out of myself.

To prove I can do it.

Look out Summer 2012. I'm about to kick your butt.


No comments:

Post a Comment