"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Grow old with me.

If there's one thing I've learned in all my 16 years, its that things happen for a reason. People change so we can learn to move on, happiness in one thing dies out so we can find joy in something better. We cry so we can relish peace, and we build walls to find out who cares enough about us to climb them.
It seems to me that the only constant thing in my world is change. Kind of ironic, isn't it? I've discovered that there are lots of factors to this thing we call 'change.'
Death changes people. No one knows that better than me.
Growing up changes people; in crazy ways I've discovered. I look at kids my age who pretend to be all tough and Im all "uhh, no. You ran around in my backyard sprinklers screaming at the top of your lungs in nothing but pants when you were like 3. Stop."
Time changes people. In obvious ways like wrinkles and laugh lines. Or the old couple sitting on the park bench, content with nothing to say. Because everything that could've been said in that moment had already been shared countless times. Or the old man who spends his fall evenings in the cemetery, talking to a best friend lost long ago, with wilted roses in his frail hands.
I've discovered that love changes people. I find that it shifts feelings inside of you, so a light shines through. The right kind of love, that is. The love of a family, a best friend, or a lover. I've seen love create and destroy. Lift up and drag down. Succeed and fail, but one thing that I've learned in all of my oh so wise 16 years is that
True Love Never Fails.
I believe that. I believe that with every part of me.
I want to go through all the changes that being in love brings. I want to fall in love with a returned missionary, worthy priesthood holder who loves me almost as much as I love him, cause i'll always love him most. I want to get married in the temple, and buy a pretty white gown and have my best friends in matching dresses. I want to dance with him for the first time to a slow country song, looking into his eyes and think "Forever," over and over.
I want to rock our baby on the front porch, watching the sun go down, his hands on my shoulders. I want to tease him when he starts getting gray hairs. I want to help him fix up the house, or work on the yard. I want to cry with him when our kids graduate from high school, and then when our first grandchild is born. I want to grow old with him.
I want to be in love.
Because no matter what changes around us, he will always be the same.
Cause True love Never fails.
I trust that love will always find a way, a path to me in the darkness. And maybe one day, a silly boy will love me so much that he'll want to spend eternity with me.
I want to be good enough for that.



Change happens.
But it happens so we can move forward.

"Without change there wouldn't be butterflies."- Anon.

P.S. click on this link; HERE. I know you want to.




2 comments: