"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

For Dee.

I've said it before.
I'm not a fan of change.

For 10 year's I've been swimming. For 10 years I've looked to coaches for critique, motivation and guidance. For the past 4 year's I've looked to Dee. I've looked to him for advice, fatherly guidance and patience. I've looked to him for more things than swimming. I've looked to him for life.

He's leaving. He's going to BYU. He's taking the assistant coach job, which is amazing.
I'm so unbelievably happy for him. He deserves it. He deserves everything.

I just feel lost now.
We had my whole senior year planned out. We had everything planned out. Where is it now? Gone. With the wind. All the practices I was looking forward to. All the travel meets, the college planning, the progress.
Gone.
Gone with the wind.

it's hard to accept. it's hard for me to process. you'd think I'd be used to people I love leaving by now, though.

He's always been my source of motivation. Of passion.

As I look ahead this next year and a half, I'm scared. I'm scared of the unknown, and the unsteady future before me. I don't know what's going to happen. I don't know where I"m going to go or what I'm going to do.

All I know is that I'm going to do it for Dee. I'm going to be the best, strongest and most persistent swimmer.

I'm going to win. For the man who taught me how.

For Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment