"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

143.

Unfortunately, Sunday afternoons seem to be my designated time for deep thinking.
The thing that's been running through my mind over and over lately is a word.
A word that's been so over used, its meaning has been altered almost unrecognizably by society. But yet, it still has the same meaning to all of us. I guess it's all about perspective.
Love.
Love is an emotion of strong affection and personal attachment.[1] In philosophical context, love is a virtue representing all of human kindnesscompassion, and affection. ( I just thought you should know the definition. :) )



When you tell someone "Im in love with you." That should mean something, shouldn't it? Think about it.. 'Im in love with you.' It's not a feeling. It's a state of being. And, it's not a one-sided thing. Being in love WITH someone, means that you both love at equal rates, at equal paces.

"The one who loves less controls the relationship."- Anon.

Another point:
There are so many people that think there's the one person that fits perfectly with them. But, speaking from experience that no girl my age should have, there is no such thing as this "perfect person".
I think, that one day, I'll meet a guy that is just as stubborn as me, has lots of quirks and differences, but those are the things that are going to make me love him. He may lose his temper sometimes or maybe speak before he thinks, but we're going to work through the differences, and that will make me love him. 
I'll love him because even through the fire and the flames, he still stuck with me. It's the rough patches that make us who we are. 

No one said love would be easy. They just said it would be worth it.








1 comment:

  1. i think you should know that i appreciate this post....a lot. Nuh buh duh.

    ReplyDelete