"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summer.

Before you read this: Warning. This could all be a bunch of rubbish ( Hah. British humor. ) to you, but this post is about the meaning of my summer.
Continue if you wish.

Summer always goes by so fast for me. The summer swim season is over. Bizarre? Yeah. Completely. I remember when I was counting down the days for the summer season to start. I remember walking through the locker room on the first day of summer practice, remembering how the sun and swimming are always synonymous. I remember comparing tan lines after that first practice. Wanting to be tan so bad. Wanting to be free from school. Wanting to be... free.
Summer always presents a sense of freedom to me. Freedom of self. Freedom of expression. That's why I'm so thankful for my friends and family. I'm one really weird girl, and they take me as I am. Of course, monkey see, monkey do. My friends and family aren't exactly normal, either.
Example?
(Don't tell my sister I put this on. I'd get murdered in my sleep.)
But, I came across this a few days ago, and aside from the laughing, I realized that I'm extremely thankful that she's confident enough to be herself.

Another example?
Ahhh. Revenge is so sweet, Isn't it Rachel? nah, I didn't do this for revenge. I put this picture on here because this girl makes me laugh SO freaking hard. I find it funny how you can spend hours upon hours (Like 5 hours a day 6 days a week) with a person, and not know that much about them. I feel like over the past few weeks, I've really gotten to know this girl. I feel like she knows who I am, and doesn't care. She drives me places, and blasts E.T and Party Rock Anthem with me anyways.

So, to sum it up, Summer has been interesting to say the least. Changes have come along that I definitely didn't expect. But most of them have been good. Great. Wonderful.
In a way, Change is wonderful or at least beneficial any way you look at it. I guess it all depends on your perspective.

For some odd reason that society seems to avoid, Summer is the season for change. And getting to know people. For that, I'm thankful. I'm thankful I get to experience change, even though sometimes it's hard. I'm thankful for my family. ( No matter how.. different they are. )I'm thankful for tan lines and rain storms. And I'm thankful for friends that laugh with me no matter how hard life gets sometimes.
Life is hard, but it's so worth it.

1 comment: