"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Routines.

Well, I'm back from Oregon. I'm pretty sure I have travel hang-over. I got home around 3:30 in the afternoon yesterday, and fell asleep around 5. I woke up this morning around 8:30. Either someone slipped a pill into my drink on the plane, or I didn't get any sleep the past 6 days. Even better, I think I picked up a bug in Oregon.. because I have double ear infections. It sounds like I'm listening to everyone while I'm under water. Extremely frustrating. So, I asked my mom if we could go to the doctor. She set up an appointment for today at 3:30. We get there around 3:25 and wait. And wait. And wait. Finally we get in around 5, and I discover that I have to get a shot. Then my brother has to get a physical for his mission papers ( yay. Happy:) ) and so I get to sit at the clinic until 7:30. 4 hours at the doctor. No big deal.
Even though I'm exhausted, sick, and State is in 2 days.. I'm happy.
It's been a year since I first told him that I liked him. Almost to the day. SO many things have happened in those 365 days. So many changes. Too many things to count. Loving, hating, fighting, making up.. but one thing has stayed constant. The way I feel.
I'm not one to get cheesey that often, but after going through heck with this kid.. My feelings still haven't changed. I tried over and over to convince myself that I didn't like him. And it was working.
It wasn't until we were sitting on a plane, and I was trying to come to terms with the fact that I needed to move on, when he looked at me with those sea-blue eyes, that all of my walls broke down. It wasn't until he told me how sorry he was, that I realized I need to stop kidding myself.  I used to blame it on the fact that I'm hard headed and stubborn, but it just turns out that I kinda sorta really really like this boy.
Dang it. How inconvenient. But so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment