"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Mother Nature hates Utah.

Reality slapped me rather hard across the face these past few days.
It's been raining/snowing/being below freezing temperatures for the past 3 days. I was extremely upset about this, it only being October 7th (aren't we supposed to have Fall after Summer?) until I realized..
I live in Utah.
Oh, yeah.
I think instead of "worlds greatest snow" on the license plate, it should say "worlds most bipolar weather."

Now, I'm not usually one to complain about things that I can't control. And I usually don't complain about the weather. But then, I realized, as I was driving...
I absolutely HATE dealing with Wind shield wipers.
What the freaking heck.
I mean, don't get me wrong, im super glad for all of the different settings they have, but if you press down the lever a little too hard, it turns on to high and has a complete spaz, freak out. Or, if its just barely raining, you don't want to put it on low because then you feel like it's moving needlessly. But you don't want to turn them off because after a while rain collects on the bloody windshield and you can't see! So usually I just end up pressing the lever down, and then back up. So the wipers go across once, successfully getting the water out of my vision, and then turning them off so I don't waste them.

Life would be so much easier if it didn't rain for one hour, snow for the next 2, then be sunny and in the 60's the rest of the day.
Life would be so much easier if we actually had a FALL instead of Summer then straight to Winter.
Life would be so much easier if Wind shield wipers had a 'Utah weather' setting.
Life would be so much easier if Mother nature didn't hate Utah.

But I guess it's the hard things that make life so great, eh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment