"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Caramel Apple Spice and a Best Friend.

You know.. most teenagers my age are probably out partying right now.
Nah, not me.
Where am I? I'm at Starbucks. With a Vente Caramel Apple Spice on my right and my notebook and pencil on my left. With my best friend sitting across from me.

I think most people spend their lives looking for something. Looking for something that they don't have, instead of realizing what they do have.
And so, here are my kudos to everything that I have and am greatful for in my life at this moment.
Caramel Apple Spice: I know you're not supposed to be attatched to worldly things, but I really hope you are in the afterlife. You are like Christmas in a cup. Thank you.
Writing. Thank you for letting me express my feelings. So many different facets of life pour out onto paper because of you, and I feel better because of it.
StarBucks. Why haven't I been here every friday night for my whole life? Your solitude is brilliant.
Swimming. I know, another post about swimming. Shut up, it's my life alright? Honestly, I know I smell like chlorine all the time because of you, but swimming, you will always have a place in my heart.
Denise. (Incase you didn't know, Denise is my car. She's beautiful inside and out.) Denise, thank you for getting me places. The rev of your engine makes my day, and the way you automatically adjust your mirrors to my preference just brings happiness to my soul.
Rachel Alettta Hubert. Alright, I'll try not to not stray to the cheesey side of life for this, but if I do, Im sorry. I consider myself extremely fortunate. I have a person who wants to hang out with me ( I know, shocker huh? ) because of who I am. Or maybe its just my devilish good looks, I'm not quite sure.
It's crazy to think that you can spend so much time with someone that you start to adopt their habits. That you start to think on the same brainwave frequency. That you start having conversations with them in your head while you swim about funny situations. Wait, what?... awkward. But really. When I laugh, I look up and she's laughing too. Anyone who gets my sense of humor has got to be a really legit person. But for real, I heart Rachel Aletta Hubert.
P.S. Check out her blog! Here!

This post isn't about life and the situations that it brings. Its about how beautiful life simply just is. Think about it. Look at everything you have. It's beautiful and without it, you wouldn't be you.

And so, with that, I say..
I heart Starbucks. And my best friend. And life.

1 comment: