"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

I love swimming. And life.

I woke up this morning and figured out super quick that my legs have zero function. I don't ever remember being this sore. I have to walk like an old woman, bending over and holding my lower back for support.
That's so sad.
But so so worth it. Dee ( my coach ) always pushes me. He always inspires me to excel and to not only be the best swimmer I can be, but the best person.
A little action shot, if you will.
Although, swimming's interesting because it's individual and a team sport. You swim individual events and place. The higher up you place, the more points you score. All of the points that you accumulate go to your team. The team with the most points at the end of the meet wins. 
There are also relays. Where 4 people get to swim a race together. I find that in big meets like region and State, relays always get a lot closer. You sweat, bleed, and live and die in the 10ths of each second together. 
As you remember, I had State recently. I had a really super awesome experience swimming on a relay with 4 of the greatest girls I know. We went into the race with good attitudes and let our bodies do what we knew how to do best. It wasn't until the last 2 legs of the race that it got super intense. We were neck and neck with our rival, and all of a sudden this massive desire to win completely side-swiped me. 
Our anchor ended up touching one one-hundredth of a second ahead of our rival. It was awesome. The whole pool exploded, and we could hear the coaches and other swimmers going crazy. It was unreal to finally have all of the hard work of the summer pay off, and to do it with 3 other amazing girls by my side, sharing the glory as well.
I'm going to be honest, doing good in swimming is pleasurable sometimes. But I wouldn't swim if it weren't for the people I'm surrounded by. 
I mean.. lets get real. Aren't we hot?
I had times when I was in Junior High that I wanted to quit. I wasn't going anywhere and I didn't like going to practice. As I look back, I'm forever thankful to my parents who told me to suck it up and go. I sit back and think about my career so far as a swimmer, and I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am without my immediate family, and my swimmer family. They make everything worth it.
Everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment