"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dances.

Oh, Hey.
Story: So I arrive home from Bear Lake last night and find this on my doorstep.


Super cute, huh? There were tons of names on the back of it (ie; Justin Bieber[hahahah...] Taylor Lautner[hahahah!] Russ, Tyler, Etc.) and I had to wash the shirt to see which name would be the only one left. And he got me my favorite chocolates on this planet. How did he know? We're not sure. All I know is that I love them. And I've nearly eaten all of them by myself.

So, being devious me, I had to think of a super awesome way to answer. My mom had heard of this idea: Buy like 400 little plastic army men, and put them all over his room. Make a poster that says "Not even an Army could keep me from going to Homecoming with you." Awww.. so cute. So that's what we did. We legitimately bought 400 army guys, his mom snuck us into his house and we set them up EVERYWHERE. It was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
Here are some pictures of our adventuring.






Yes, I made a trail from the garage door where he'd come in, all the way to his bedroom. Win? I think so. I personally thought it was brilliant.
As I was thinking of ways to answer Carson, I got really frustrated because I couldn't find any ideas on the internet. Isn't the internet supposed to have all the answers to every question you might have in life? I thought so, too. There were a few ways to answer to dances, but honestly, none of them were any good. So I'm here to help. (Warning/Note: Some of them might be lame, I'm just trying to help!)

Asking to a Dance.
1. Make a puzzle. Write 'Homecoming?' or 'Prom?' and your name, and laminate it, then cut it into pieces. Drop it off at their door and they can figure it out!
2. ( I love this one ) Dress up in a gorilla suit and hold a sign that says "I'll go bananas if you don't go to the dance with me!" I'd totally say yes to that one.
3. Buy a .25 cent fish at Walmart. Put it in a bowl. Take it to their house with a poster that says 'Of all the fish in the sea.. I want you to come to _____(<-- dance name) with me!'
4. Have a friend trace your body in chalk on their porch, and put caution tape all over. Then leave a fake police report that says '____(<-- your name. Der.) is dying to go to the dance with you!'
5. Make a chocolate trail from the door to their room, and put hershey kisses everywhere. Leave a note that says 'Now that I've kissed the ground you walk on.. would you please accompany me to ____?"

Answering to a dance.
1. Leave army men everywhere. That's the best idea anyone's ever had.
2. Cut out a bunch of shapes that look like fish, and put them in the person's front yard. Write things like "I'm hooked!" "You got me!" "I'm a keeper!" ( if you feel like being cocky.)
3. Cut 'yes' out in a pumpkin and leave it on their porch at night
4. Wrap a pack of bubble gum with a note that says "I chews to go with you!"

Those are just a few, but, better than nothing, right? Be creative. Think of something new.
Be you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment