"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Flatts Fest

Last night. Was. So. Unreal.
Let me just begin by saying that my dear friend Rachel gave me a present on my birthday. I opened it at practice and it was a journal.
"So you can keep writing!" she said. "I wrote a really long note in the front for you. It took me forever."
So, naturally, I start turning the cover pages so I can read this note. But, alas, there wasn't a note. There were 2 tickets to Rascal Flatts on the 9th.
I don't think I've ever screamed louder in my life. It was such a brilliant moment. I almost started crying. Almost.

2 days had never seemed so long.
But then, I woke up on Friday morning and said "Yes. Today is the day." ( Okay, so maybe I'm making this sound a little bit more dramatic than it really was. But I think it sounds cool, don't you?) After making my way through school, we went to dinner at my all time favorite restaurant to start off the night. Porters Place.
 Confession: Im a sucker for a good burger and fries. They're my weakness.
So after stuffing ourselves with deep-fried deliciousness, we started driving to the concert.
It rained.
And rained.
and rained.

I was starting to freak out a little bit that the concert would be canceled, but Daryk and Rachel kept telling me they highly doubted Rascal Flatts would re schedule.
By the time we got to USANA Amphitheatre, the skies were all cleared up and I started to relax a little bit. We had to wring out the blankets that we'd set up, but it was all good because we were at Rascal freaking Flatts. And that's all that mattered.

They opened with "Why wait."
They closed with "Bob that head,"
but then came out for an encore.
They sang "Easy," and I almost cried.
I bought a T-shirt because I just had to have the memory.
We took 20283947 pictures because we were so pumped to be there.
We listened to Rascal Flatts the entire drive home.
I sang every song at the top of my lungs. (Sorry Daryk. Sorry Rachel.) I bet I sounded terrible. Oh well.

It was so unreal. So epic. So fun. Being with people that I love to hang out with.. I just, I dunno. I don't know how a birthday could've gotten any better.
Rachel, if you read this, Thank you. For everything. It was amazing. I know I've told you 10 thousand times, but lets get real.. that was.. priceless.



1 comment: