"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Somewhere. Over the Rainbow.

Today I clicked on my friends blog, and started reading. Then a song came on. A song that I hadn't heard in years but it suddenly brought back a flood of memories that completely subdued me for a good 60 seconds.
I remember playing in the grass of our little American Fork house, jumping on the tramp with my brother and hoping he wouldn't bounce me off. I remember my dad pushing me on the swings so high that I was worried I'd fall off. I think why I remember this song so much is because my Dad loves it so much. Occasionally I'll catch him whistling it, or it'll show up on a slideshow of family pictures.
If there ever was a song that I wanted to play in the background while I lived my life, it'd be this one.
It reminds me of Hawaii, too.
Ah that beautiful place. I miss it so much. I miss the white sand beaches, and sitting out on the waves of Sunset Beach, watching the sun sink down into the perfect blue water. Ah, I dunno.
With life being so crazy, I couldn't be more thankful to music. Like This. Or This!
"Where trouble melts like lemon drops... High above the chimney tops that's where.. you'll find me."

Sunset Beach. Ahhhh.


Wasn't I adorable? Lets get real. Look at that face.

Anyway.
Somewhere over the Rainbow.. the rest of my life is going to happen. But I'm alright with waiting. Because I like this moment right now.

2 comments: